Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Lego Star Wars, Gambit on Geonosis

I must say, the latest Droid Tales episode, Gambit on Geonosis, is my favorite! I had the opportunity yesterday to see it for the first time.

I absolutely loved the old Yoda Chronicles and the New Yoda Chronicles. Gambit has a wonderful surprise-appearance by Jek-14 from that older series, a reference to Lindo Calrissian and his Falcon nightclub, complete with the music (also from the Yoda Chronicles) plus a TFA female characters joke, a Boba Fett-sarlaac joke, and the all around lego fun many of us have come to love.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the Boba Fett joke could be taken to be very in-depth. In the Legends- verse there are two accounts of Boba Fett escaping from the sarlacc, vastly different from each other. The one you can find in the short story collection Tales From Jabba's Palace, and the other is in the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy. Some have speculated that this can be explained by saying Fett fell in twice, at different times, therefore getting out two different ways. Now maybe that's not what Gambit was referring to, but I'd like to think it is.

It would be hard to decide what my favorite quote was from this episode. Perhaps Han's "I feel a disturbance in the Falcon," or Vader's "It's a little tricky."  Hm. I'll have to think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment