Saturday, December 3, 2016

Rogue One: Tickets

Well, my family and I have joined the ever-increasing number of folks who now posses their tickets to go see Rogue One!

It's not for opening night— yes, yes, I know.

It's for the first showing in the morning on the release date.

My Christmas was made beautiful last year by my entire family agreeing to go watch The Force Awakens with me, for my first viewing of Episode VII. It was an unexpected gift.

However, my darling family consists of individuals who wake up early in the morning and work hard through the day. The thought of driving through bad weather in the evening wasn't appealing.

Since they were stepping out to meet me halfway, I decided the least I could do was travel the other half.

So other than one lonely person out front, waiting, we were at the front of the line. We stood there, bundled in the beautiful early morning, and talked Star Wars with folks who hadn't been able to make it the night before, for whatever reason.

We saw a bus filled with kids... then another... and another...

Headed for The Good Dinosaur.

Our line chatted about rumors, Clone Wars, Rebels, expectations, Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks, JJ Abrams, and Rogue One. Perfect strangers... strangers no longer.

Now? It's become a family tradition. My family's Christmas tradition. The morning of opening day, head of the line, all together; talking Star Wars with anyone who's interested.

The wait of several hours is a price I'm willing to pay to get to share that special first viewing with the people who love me most.

For those of you who haven't gotten your tickets yet, I wish you the best of luck; and for those of you who will be seeing Rogue One on opening night...

Go have the time of your lives, guys. We have a new movie again!

The Force will be with you. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment