Saturday, October 3, 2015

First Time Through: Fire Ring Race

Contains no spoilers



I know many adult Star Wars fans sort of ignore the "kids books," but my goal is to be familiar with every story, no matter who it was aimed for.

Adventures in Hyperspace. It's a series you may or may not have heard of. By Ryder Windham, it features Han and Chewie before A New Hope.

The series appears to have been intended to run longer than it did-- lasting only two books. Fire Ring Race, and Shinbone Showdown.

I just completed Fire Ring Race. Smuggling, space fights, tricky flying, Han being arguably mean to a droid-- it wasn't Scoundrels in complexity, but it was fun. The twist at the end, even more so.

The book was written in 2010, and isn't canon. That being said, it's still Star Wars, and I'm glad I read it. Now I'm off to see if I can get Shinbone from my library...


Favorite quote:

"I am the Royal Margravine Abominelle of Vena! How dare you spoil my holiday!"

Han's response: "I don't dare nothin', Your Abominableness; you're spoiled enough already."

No comments:

Post a Comment