Monday, October 5, 2015

First Time Through: Gathering Shadows


Conains a mild plot point






I'm working my way through Tales From the New Republic, a little bit at a time. The short story Gathering Shadows, by Kathy Burdette, is the latest little bit.

The characters were definitely intriguing, as was the attitude towards the New Republic. I'm still in the first few years after Endor, timeline wise, so I'm not really sure how it turns out in the Legends-verse. When I finally get there, the new canon may be more fleshed out, and it'll be fun to compare the two.

I didn't recognize any of the characters, but from the feel of the story, I'd be surprised if they're not in something else too. That means I've either forgotten meeting them, or I haven't run into them yet.

I mean, if that planet and its zombie problem isn't important somewhere else...

The whole 'walking dead' concept seemed a little random and pointless for the overall story of two captured individuals and those wanting to break in. That's mostly what suggested to me there's more to all of this than the one short story.

Favorite Quote:

(In response to a plan that is now irrelevent)
"Yeah, see, that's the hitch."
[To explain further here would be a bit of a spoiler-- read it and you'll know what I'm talking about]


No comments:

Post a Comment