Thursday, April 7, 2016

My The Force Awakens Plans

Here I am. Sitting at the computer. Staring at the screen.

Wondering when my package is going to arrive.

I know it's supposed to get here before 8:00 PM, I know it's on the truck and out for delivery, I know I have a Rogue One trailer to examine until it gets here.

Still.

It's my copy of The Force Awakens, and it's not here... quite yet. So instead of staring out the window waiting for the special package to arrive, I'm going to share what I'm going to do once it gets here.

I considered simply watching it all the way through first. I mean, how could I not? The only problem is that I'm not sure I'm going to have the time this evening to watch it uninterrupted. Therefore, here is my revised plan based on my time-constraints.

1.) Squeal. Do a happy dance. Possibly some screaming.

2.) Taking the plastic off, gingerly and tenderly.

3.) Watch the deleted scenes.

4.) Watch Rey's Force-vision with subtitles two or three times. Then once again, pausing every half second or so to try to see everything.

5.) Knowing me, I may forget to turn it off... and will end up watching the rest in spite of everything.

After that, I'll be scheming to figure out how many of my friends I can watch it with. Believe it or not, some people haven't seen it yet. It's not cause for indignation, but intense pity. Think of what they've been missing out on since December...

Well, it's still not here, after writing this. I guess I'll start working on my analysis of the Rogue One trailer since I still have some time!

The Force will be with you, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment