Monday, April 11, 2016

Thoughts on "The Important Thing" Rebels Season 3

-- Warning: Spoilers for Twilight of the Apprentice--



In Rebels Recon for Twilight of the Apprentice, Dave Filoni said something that has been rattling around in my brain ever since.

Of Rebels Season 3: "Something big is going to happen that I think people really, really want, and I know that I've wanted it for a while, and we've figured out a way to do it. It's a very important moment in Star Wars and an important moment for Star Wars fans. . . that is going to be something, and you are definitely going to hear more about that at Celebration coming up, because I'm going to talk about it specifically."

Something big, hm?

You know, if he'd said that before Twilight of the Apprentice, I would have said he was likely referring to the Ahsoka/Vader confrontation, or the return of Darth Maul. Of course, this is after.

What are some moments that would be very big?

Han winning the Falcon from Lando
It has been made clear that the creative minds behind Rebels don't want to steal the films' thunder. The TV shows are to support and expand, not replace. With a Han Solo Anthology film coming up, I doubt that Rebels would end up with this key moment of Star Wars history. Then again, I could very well be wrong.

The Discovery of the Death Star
Considering the trailer just released for Rogue One, the realization that there is a weapon that can blow up planets will probably be reserved for that, and our smaller band of Rebels are likely to find out after Rogue One's release. 

Vader vs. Maul
Personally, this is a fight I would be very interested to see. We saw Maul fighting Dooku in the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir comic, and to be honest, between that and Clone Wars, I feel Maul to be the better swordsman/strategist/Sith overall. Call me a traitor if you must. What we haven't seen is Chosen One vs Maul. As far as Darth Maul's death is concerned, I would like it to come at Obi-Wan's hands... but Vader would certainly not be a shabby end to the tattooed Lord of the Sith. I can't help but wonder... was Maul lying or speaking the truth when he said he didn't think he could defeat Vader alone?

This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as what the reveal at Celebration could be. What are your ideas? Feel free to comment below or tweet me, I'm @StarWarsSyl.

May the Force be with you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment