Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Snoke Theory I Hope Is True

For the most part, I am content with waiting to find out the answers to the questions about future movies instead of backing one theory or another, but this past week I ran into a Snoke theory I actually like.

It runs something like this.

Snoke is a brand-new character, but a very old one. And the Force-important mysterious something buried on Jakku (first brought up in the Aftermath trilogy) is actually Snoke.

That the battle of Jakku disturbed his prison and freed him from where he'd been trapped, watching the events of the past decades but unable to interfere.

This theory appeals heavily to the Goth in me, the idea of an ancient menace awakened by unsuspecting mortals.

This one I think might actually be likely, as opposed to the theory my brother and I cobbled together while reading Thrawn.

What if, instead of the EU's Yuuzhan Vong, we have Snoke's people? What if, all along, Thrawn has been trying to prepare to fight against the threat from outside the galaxy... the threat of Snoke?

I love that idea, but I doubt Thrawn is considered that important in the new canon, so I'm going to hope for the You-Woke-The-Ancient-Evil-Thing theory instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment