Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Wild Speculation #2: Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016) Season 1 Episode 4, Basic Instinct

Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.

This particular blog post was written as I watched the episode, so it will feel a bit in-the-moment and choppy.


It feels like they're setting up our ME to be a love interest, mostly because they're putting so much effort into not my type and he's a player and I only date a woman for two months. Too much attention has been placed on that dynamic to just have it be nothing, I think. On the other hand, I'm convinced it will only be a short-term thing, and that by the end of the series (unless it was cut short), Beauty and Beast will be together.

While I enjoy the whole mystery of will she give him up to gain information on her mother plotline for this episode, I don't actually believe she'll give him up. We'll see if I'm wrong, but even if they have her pick up the phone, just about ready, I think she'll chose no.

Does anybody think that the near-naked man in their apartment an episode or so ago might not just be random? We know Muirfield is keeping an eye on everything. If I were Muirfield, would I want to have someone inside her home in a seemingly-innocent way? Her sister's boyfriend would be a perfect in. Not only would he have access to the house at strange hours, he'd be forming a bond with Little Sis, and the more Little Sis trusts him, the more she may say.

Plus, once Muirfield needs more leverage against Catherine, having the boyfriend take Little Sis out to dinner... only it's not dinner... makes the kidnap very clean and efficient and available at the drop of a hat.

I'm not sure what to think of J.T. yet. I'm still wary.

I'm a cop. I put people like you away.” “You are trying to decide if I belong in a cage.” Ooh, I like that. There's a series of detective novels I've read where the lady homicide cop calls sending killers to prison putting them in cages.

You're not scared that we're going to hurt her. You're scared that you are.” — Mister Big Bad to Vincent. Nice.

Ooh! A heart-to-heart between Catherine and J.T.! Let's see what gets said...

Ever afraid of him?

No. Known him my whole life... he'd never hurt me.

How do you know?

Pause the video! Wild Speculation time: He's going to say, “He's my brother!”

Oh— nope. Said, “I just know.” Hmm. Well, I'm still thinking brother's a reasonable one. Or best friends in elementary school. Or his sister's husband.

I doubt it's because he and Vincent are an item, on the other hand, if he's into Vincent, that could add to his outrage about Catherine, but I'm not really getting a love-triangle vibe from these guys, so that's not something I'm going to put any weight on.

Hey! J.T. going to town on that Muirfield agent with a baseball bat! Nice. He may be afraid, but he's not letting it stop him.

I like the way Catherine fights.

Ah. So Vincent has the Muirfield guy by the neck, looks like he's going to kill him— calling it now, he won't.

Wait. Looks like he might have, actually. Not very clear to me.

I like the final baseball scene, especially the excitement and little dance Catherine does when it finally works. We've seen her be very competent, smart, good at her job, and a very capable fighter. I like that she can be a stern cop and dance a victory dance as too.

No comments:

Post a Comment