Monday, November 28, 2016

Adventures of Eegan #3: More Than Reports

The Adventures of Eegan contain extensive spoilers for Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you intend to play the game yourself, you may not want to read these posts. If you're just interested in my adventures, mishaps, and how thoroughly I get involved in the role-playing aspect (very, very, very), and don't mind hearing the story in the process, welcome aboard.

You are entering the Eegan zone. From here on out, the word “I” means Eegan, a young female Zabrak Jedi Initiate.


I reported to the Council chamber.

I had spoken with Satele Shan a few times by then, but still my heart thundered. I know her from her exploits in the war. I've seen some of the things she accomplished.

Survived.

This is a woman who took a lightsaber blade in her hand and held it away from her heart.

I expected to give my report, and to receive my next mission.

Oh, that happened.

But...

They knighted me.

Knighted.
I stood there in stunned disbelief, trying to find something to say. Somehow, they thought me ready.

I want to live up to that belief.

Other things were discussed, in that meeting. Somehow. I'm not sure how.

The few Council members present felt strongly about Matriarch Ranna Tao'Ven's betrayal of Master Orgus and myself. While I could understand their concern Kalikori is right in our backyard, after all, and darkness is brewing I'd had experience with Ranna as a person.

She was bullied; and the bullies are... no longer an issue. I believe she has strength to lead her people, and I also believe she will gain the experience she currently lacks. She has a kind heart, and is open to being friends with the Jedi. I don't think this betrayal counters that.

On the contrary. Now she feels in our debt. I don't believe in widening the rift between Kalikori and Jedi. I believe she will be good for her people, and I believe that we can build friendship through her. We've already made great strides in that direction.

I pleaded for leniency.

The Council, thank the Force, listened.

But not all news was good.

Master Kiwiiks was present via holo. She reported that the darkness that we feel building did not originate with Bengel. Now that we have him in custody, it hasn't abated.

Instead... the menace is growing stronger.

Something is terribly wrong on Coruscant.

So...

They sent me there to join Orgus Din in an investigation.

I'm going to work a mission alongside my former Master...

But as equals now.

Of course, he still has rank over me, but I'm a knight.

I want to bear my end of the weight well.

T7 asked to be allowed to accompany me. He was so sweet, so confident. He seems to think that if he and I work together, we can do anything. His surety inspires me, and he so often makes me laugh.

I was happy to add my voice to his...

And the Masters agreed to allow us to continue on together.

T7 + T7's Jedi = Happy Jedi.

No comments:

Post a Comment