Thursday, November 17, 2016

Realizations: Whose Parents?

The Force Awakens asked several questions whose answers will be revealed in due time. Episode VIII or IX time.

One of the biggest, of course, is: who are Rey's parents?

It's a question that has been beaten to absolute death, and still it keeps getting asked, because we want to know.

I saw this latest Rebels episode, “Imperial Commandos” on Sunday after it aired, watching it with my family. I was poised, ready for the answer to a different, but similar question...

...And it didn't come.

My question: who is Sabine's mom?

They teased. They danced around.

And they didn't say.

It was a rather crazy moment for me to realize that I could easily wait until Episode IX to find out who Rey's parents are, but I'm struggling to patiently wait to hear the answer about Sabine's.

Apparently, according to the flutters in my stomach, I'm far more wound up about Sabine's Mom than Rey's.

So tell me: does that make me some form of heretic? Because it almost feels like it.

Either way, I'm still rooting for Bo-Katan. Until they pry the option from my cold, undead hands. I will hold on to that hope like people hold on to their Snoke-is-Plagueis theory.

Want to share your theory of who Sabine's parents are? You can comment below or tweet me @StarWarsSyl.

The Force will be with us, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment