Saturday, November 26, 2016

Web Weaver Update: Weighing Impact

Today I did it.

I started working on the first draft for the second half of the Padawan of Fear duology.

If that sounds confusing, let me explain: Only Preparation is being posted chapter by chapter as I complete its third draft. I have no interest in leaving all of you high and dry when you reach the end of Only Preparation, which means I need to be working on Only the Force.

I tried out five different ideas for the opening scene. They took place in different locations, with different individuals, even different points in the timeline.

They didn't have the impact I wanted.

So... I combined two of them. Tossed in elements of the third. Shook it up. Changed dialogue to action and action from flowing prose to staccato.

I am pleased to announce that I am happy with the first two scenes of Only the Force. Oh, it will need refining, of course; but I'm pleased with the tone, and I hope you will be too.

May the Force be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment