Thursday, July 6, 2017

Wild Speculation #12: Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016) Season 1 Episode 12, Cold Turkey

Hi! I'm Star Wars Syl and this is the Remember Clone Captain Keeli blog.


Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.


No tragic loss of life in a morgue.” I am very hopeful that we will begin to have some more unraveling of Evan's backstory. There remains much to be revealed in spite of the work put into it in this episode.

I confess that JT's strategy for convincing Evan to not talk about his findings annoyed me. He led with Secret, Murky Organization while providing no details or evidence, then followed it up by threatening a cop.

Just how much time did he invest in trying to determine if such a strategy would have even a glimmer of a chance of working? I'm guessing less than thirty seconds. And given the fact he had to spend time hacking in order to find blackmail material, he had time to think about it.

We've seen this in Cat in the past, too. Evan's personality type is surprisingly earnest, given the affect he tried to give off in the early episodes. And he's a cop. And he was almost murdered in a horrible way by a serial killer... and saved by a creature. Is there any way in hell he's going to just back down because Cat asked him to while giving him no reason to do so? And yet she assumes he will, is annoyed when he doesn't, and worst of all, is surprised when he doesn't.

Back to this fiasco. Not only did JT not manage to stop Evan's determination, but he also burned bridges so that Evan would not be interested in communicating with JT anymore, and definitely not interested in trusting him. To be honest, JT would have done less damage if he'd stayed out of the whole thing entirely.

On the other hand, clever, clever Evan. The more I see him, the more I like him.

At the end, when Cat announced, “And now I need to be there for someone who's always been there for me,” I nearly cheered. That felt so right and good, to have her head out to back Tess up when her partner does need her. I really do like Cat, even if some of her decisions baffle and annoy me. She has a kind, loyal heart, she is brave and smart a good chunk of the time, and I always love her hand-to-hand fights with perps.

No comments:

Post a Comment