Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Wild Speculation #6: Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016) Season 1 Episode 7, Out of Control

Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.


When the question of is this a busy night for murders was replied to with just this and a gang hit in the Bowery, I was sure that was going to be important. Ah, well. Sometimes throwaway lines are just that.

My first guess with New Intern Peter was that he was from Muirfield, the moment he was introduced.

As far as my Assume-Everyone-Is-From-Muirfield behavior pattern, all I can say is I watched the TV show Dollhouse all the way through. I distrusted every character in that TV show except the one the badguy ended up being, and I didn't see it coming until the last possible second before the reveal. What. Yes.

Of course, Dollhouse made it difficult to watch Firefly, because every time Alan Tudyk was on screen, I was waiting for his character to kill somebody...

Back to Beauty and the Beast!

Turns out I was wrong about Peter, and I figured that out about 23 minutes in. Once Evan mentioned he was going to request the student roster, I started whispering at the screen, “Your intern did it!” And of course Evan had to mention he was going to return to the scene of the crime, though he didn't put it in quite those terms... poor Evan. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment