Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Wild Speculation #7: Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016) Season 1 Episode 8, Trapped

Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.


My first thought was this: So, wait, Vincent doesn't remember most of this kark?

When I settled in to this episode, I braced myself for a long and torturous episode (or entire season if I was unlucky) of Vincent and JT not telling Cat about her Mom because for some reason, heroes do that in movies and TV shows.

Imagine my surprise and delight when he told Cat immediately! A goodguy acting smart for once— it definitely stood out to me. If Vincent keeps it up, I may end up liking him yet!

I thought the kid singer was both hilarious and sad. The flickers of uncertainty once he realized his manager was out to kill him was the sad part. Life can be weird enough for kids growing up in that kind of environment without having the person they trust most trying to murder them for a book deal. Ouch. It makes me wonder what that character would grow up into... but I doubt he'll reappear in Beauty and the Beast again. Too bad. I'd be interested to see a story arc for him, maybe see if he could form a healthy friendship with Tess instead of this Kid-Hitting-on-Adult thing he was trying to do. I think having an adult not afraid to speak her mind and call him on his banthakark would be a healthy thing for him to experience routinely.

Now. Can I just say that the fact that our heroine's mother's name is Vanessa Chandler is... something, after watching Penny Dreadful?

Evan will figure it out. He will. Matter of time. I hope it's sooner than with Wu on Grimm. Much sooner.

One more wild speculation: the soldier who spent time chatting with Vincent, then was carried out foaming at the mouth? I think she's going to be an antagonist eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment