Sunday, July 23, 2017

Wild Speculation #30: Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016) Season 1 Episode 22, Never Turn Back

Hello! I'm Star Wars Syl and this is the Remember Clone Captain Keeli blog.


Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.


The finale is here!

I have to say this first. I just do. I love the castle. Wow.

One of the notes that I took while watching the episode just reads like this: Sheesh— there goes Tyler. This show's getting serious!

I ended up feeling sorry for Gabriel even while disagreeing with just about everything he did this episode. His motivation: survival, he just wants to live, makes him a deeper character for me than if he was after revenge, which is what I originally thought his motivation was. I am delighted to have been proven wrong, and I've come to really like Gabriel as a character. And his castle. I love his castle. Whew.

I've heard Timothy Zahn talk about how there can be a difference between the villain and the antagonist of a story, and in this story, Gabriel is definitely no villain.

More notes written during watching:

New players. Who?

Not Cat's dad! He's not Cat's dad?! [Who then?]

Wait, don't shoot, she's my daughter”?! WHAT?! Do we even know this dude's name?!

Yep. That one took me completely by surprise, even after realizing Dad isn't Dad. And I'm glad I didn't see it coming, because the moment of sheer whuuuuu? (hear it in a Minion voice) was fun for me.

And that wraps up Beauty and the Beast season one! I'm going to post an overview of what I thought about this season. See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment