Sunday, July 9, 2017

Wild Speculation #16: Wynonna Earp Season 1 Episode 4, The Blade

Hi, all! I am Star Wars Syl and this is the Remember Clone Captain Keeli blog.


Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.


So in between watching the last episode and starting this one I had a sudden thought: Stone Witch is probably Wynonna's Mom. Yep. That was my wild speculation.

Of course now, after having watched the episode, I realize it's got to be the woman who “made me what I am”— the woman who made Doc immortal. He seems to want to find her to... what? Reverse this? Make it so he can die again?

Because he specified that a bullet and a couple other methods could end him, so if he wants to die, he could manage to arrange to go out in a blaze of glory and ice cream.

I do think it's interesting that the schism between Wyatt and Doc has been portrayed as being because of Doc's eternal life deal. I can't help but wonder if it's that simple, if there's going to be a surprising twist to this revealed later in the season.

Also: dark gifts never come without a price. What price did Doc Holliday pay in order to escape the death his TB was working so industriously towards?

One final thought before I take my leave:

Waverly is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment