Saturday, July 1, 2017

Wild Speculation #4: Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016) Season 1 Episode 5, Saturn Returns

Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.


Okay. In this episode we have the solid beginning of Enter Evan As Love Interest. On the one hand, I'm pleased I called it, but on the other... I'm not sure yet. I mean, we know where it has to end up as long as the show did not end up canceled. Beauty and Beast have to be together, or there is no point in calling it this. They'd have gone for another name.

Because of that, I'm having a hard time feeling very invested in this part of the story, because I know that it will end up working out at the last possible minute, and until then there will be a long, painful journey.

Then again, I'm not really into romance movies, so my perspective is very definitely biased.

I thought for sure that both JT and Vincent would decide to not attempt the dates. Actually, that's inaccurate. I was braced against JT getting within hearing distance of his potential date only to have her agree to go out with someone else/kiss the guy selling coffee. Was I the only one sure that was going to go badly? But that turned out okay, and Vincent actually started walking to Cat's apartment.

I kept waiting for him to change his mind... and he didn't. No, it didn't work out, but at least it wasn't his fault. Passing out cold on the sidewalk wasn't exactly something he could have predicted ahead of time. But hey— I'm glad he didn't chicken out! Difficult to be mad at him for fainting...

No comments:

Post a Comment