Friday, July 21, 2017

Wild Speculation #27: Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016) Season 1 Episode 20, Anniversary

Hello! I'm Star Wars Syl and this is the Remember Clone Captain Keeli blog.


Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.


There were moments in the first episode (quite a while back, now) when the cadence of Vincent's dialogue and its delivery reminded me of Edward Cullen. I felt the kinship very heavily again this episode, with Vincent watching Cat as she sleeps. But you have to realize, coming from me, that's not actually an insult. I'm not a Twilight-hater. Twilight Hate is a fad that I'm thankful did not bite me.

I liked the concept of a Celestial Birthday.

The instant the cracked tombstone was pointed out by Gabriel, I guessed that was going to be important later, though I confess I'm still a little confused as to the details.

I was a little disturbed by one line... Tess says, “Guys are possessive,” as if it's inconvenient but unavoidable.

This episode actually made me doubt Cat's mom's death! I expected them to find her at that little spooky house. Well, I mean, they did, but... you know.

Here it's stated that Vincent's brothers' bodies were never recovered. I'm telling you, I still think that's going to be used later. My wild speculating continues: somebody isn't dead. And the misdirection of this episode was nice, because we were so focused on Cat's mom that nobody's looking at Vincent's missing brothers...

I loved that Cat saw the horror connection. She's seen this kark in movies, she knows better than to go in that house without preparation, so she tries to call for backup. Smart. Smart. Smart! I love a smart goodguy.

So. Elephant in the room. Gabriel's eyes glowing. Yep. Oh, yes. Also... he has some scary-butt cell phone that can get reception where there isn't any. Watch out for that superpower, might cause big problems later.

But hey— at least we now know what Patty is doing when she's not in Central City. I really liked Patty and Barry together, but if this is what she's doing on weekends... maybe he really should stick with Iris.

No comments:

Post a Comment