Friday, July 7, 2017

Wild Speculation #14: Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016) Season 1 Episode 13, Trust No One

Hi everyone! I'm Star Wars Syl and this is the Remember Clone Captain Keeli blog.


Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.



Evan is definitely realizing something is going on.

While I'm sorry to see the relationship between Cat and Tess strained since I really like their partnership, I have to give a nod of respect to Tess because she was smart to get out of there quick. Very smart.

Evan also played a smart game this episode. The trap was amusing, and he didn't fall into the Good Guy Blindspot— you know, the thing where once a hero has slept with a threat they cannot fathom that threat could be a threat. I cheered Evan on for that point alone.

On the subject of Valentine's Day angst, I found this episode very interesting. Let me preface this by saying that while I am asexual, I am 96.3% sure that I am not aromantic. In spite of that, I've never actually experienced Valentine's Day blues, even though quite often I don't have a Valentine for them.

Because that feeling of incompleteness tied to this particular day has never been something I've felt, I'm very curious about how it functions. Does it feel just as terrible the day before and the day after, or is it just the day of? Does finding a casual date allay the problem?

Anyway. I'm glad Evan is no longer with I Climbed Mount Everest, because if our heroine must be in a relationship with someone, I want it to be Evan. Even though I'm very, very sure that will not be the endgame for this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment