Friday, July 14, 2017

Wild Speculation #17: Supergirl Season 1 Episode 10, Childish Things

Hi, all! I am Star Wars Syl and this is the Remember Clone Captain Keeli blog.


Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.


I have been watching this TV show slowly, whenever my brother and I can manage to be in the same place with a little time to spend. I think that makes it an intermittent tradition? Anyway.

At the beginning of the episode I was convinced that by the end, Hank Henshaw would have come out as a Martian. That... didn't exactly happen. On the other hand, the instant the TV started going on about the escaped villain, my thought was, “Winn's Dad.” That was correct.

The moment Winn said to Agent Chase, “There's something I have to tell you,” I cheered. I love it whenever characters do something smart.

Speaking of likes: I really like Hank Henshaw. I have from the very first episode, and I am absolutely delighted with the direction he's headed right now. I also really like Winn. So much. And Kara and Alex. Heck, I even like Cat, and I can't really figure out why. I should hate that woman, but for some reason I really like her. Very confusing.

I was a bit puzzled as to why James was so nervous. The only thing I could figure was that he'd be worried Ms Ex Military would notice the way he disappears for long moments during the workday in conjunction with a certain Winn and Kara.

Next: What is Doctor Cullen (sorry, Maxwell Lord) up to? Is he trying to make an alien, or is the girl already one? I... I don't know. I'm dithering between wildly speculating that this is his sister, and he's trying to cure her of something, or this is his sister and he's trying to turn her into something, or this is an alien, and he's trying to figure out how to turn himself into something...

My filmmaker brother guessed at the very beginning of this episode that this was when Kara would begin to fall for Winn. I was completely surprised by this guess, but he turned out right: Something big does shift in their relationship. Personally, I'm much more interested in seeing a Kara & Winn romance than I am in Kara & James... but... we'll see.

I absolutely love the Danvers girls together. Love it.

During the early parts of this episode I was trying to figure out whether I like or dislike Maxwell Lord as a person. It's something I've been unable to figure out throughout this series so far.

By the end of this episode, I'd figured it out.

I really, really dislike Maxwell Lord. Thank goodness he's not a real person.

No comments:

Post a Comment