Thursday, July 20, 2017

Wild Speculation #24: Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016) Season 1 Episode 18, Heart of Darkness

Greetings, all, I'm Star Wars Syl and this is the Remember Clone Captain Keeli blog.


Warning: This post will contain spoilers for this episode, and any episodes that came before it.


My initial guess was that the Panic Button had a tracker in it, and while it might be a panic button, its main function was to follow Evan to try to uncover just how he gets his information.

I let out an audible, “Wow,” when we were offered a view of moving severed body parts in the Muirfield facility. That's something I've come to expect from Wynonna Earp, but I was surprised to see it here. Definitely offered a feeling of intensity to this episode.

I took notes as I watched this, and here they are, in the order in which they took place.

- Poor Evan is coming completely unraveled. (First note I took post panic button)

- Clear he's in deep and knows enough to be taken out, but Evan's biggest concern in that moment? “I don't know if I can save her.”

- He's not typing an SOS. I'm convinced it's a confession.

And then came the scene. As it began to approach, I began to get nervous, worried that they wouldn't follow through. That Evan would somehow escape, that it would all be a false alarm.

If I can help you and him get out of here alive, I'll be really protecting you. It'd be the best thing I've done in my entire life. The point of it, really.”

Oh, the Sydney Carton chills running down my back!

The kiss to her cheek... the moment he leaves her side, and she doesn't even notice...

He holds out his arms....

And accepts death.

It was beautiful. Absolutely breathtaking, his sacrifice, and Vincent and Cat's escape—

I was so wrong. I thought Evan was here simply for Cat to think she's in love with for a time just so she could return to Vincent. That didn't happen at all. I thought Evan was only here to be a rival for Vincent, but no.

His story is tragic, beautiful, I loved his arc, and he is definitely my favorite character of Season 1. And I am so glad they chose to let him have such a touching death.

He saved them. He thought it worth it.

This is definitely my favorite episode so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment